Monday, April 4, 2011

present in the moments

just a reminder to myself about how sometimes i let myself get caught up in the shiny-ness of other peoples lives at times, coveting their situations or adventures.  when this happens all i am doing is making myself miss the amazing things going on in my own life and taking away the beauty of blessings.


present moments

in the quiet moments
i hate that my thoughts
mostly lean towards things that i want

i find i'm so caught up in
the should have beens
i don't see that i need what i've got

i don't see that my needs
have been met exactly
a story written by a Writer more creative than me
who knows love more than me
who wrote the book on beauty

who is timeless and ageless
i need that courageous
that contentment
that lack of resentment

my prayer is this
grant me common sense
to live life forward facing
to save the blessings that i'm wasting
and presence in silence
so i don't miss a life of moments

~kbh

No comments:

Post a Comment